K-12 Webcast: Google Drive for Education: Are You Ready?
October 16, 2014 @ 3:00 PM ET
Google’s recent announcement of Google Drive for Education is a game changing event for schools using Google Apps for Education. Adding unlimited Drive storage and Google Apps Vault, for free, along with advanced reporting, APIs, and controls, gives schools greater opportunities to leverage Google Apps in the classroom and the administrative offices.
With unlimited storage, however, comes renewed challenges. While removing the limitation of space, Drive for Education creates a potentially infinite peer-to-peer network that schools will want and will need to manage.
In October’s K-12 Webcast, we will discuss a broad range of issues and challenges related to using Drive as a global file service for students, faculty, and staff. Topics will include:
- Creating a managed file service
- Providing data protection and recovery
- Managing teacher-student engagement
- Setting policies to ensure privacy
- Protecting confidential and sensitive data
- Leveraging Vault as a management tool
Watch Now …