Whether your school or district is looking to fund classroom carts of computers or a full 1:1 program, financing can lower the fiscal challenges of getting your technology in the door and into the hands of students.
Cumulus Global partners with multiple financing firms specializing in leasing and loan programs for K-12 schools and districts. In doing so, we are able to offer a variety of financing options and payment plans.
Finance Leasing works well for schools and districts looking to purchase equipment now, pay over time, and keep the equipment after the end of the lease. While most finance leases have a 3 year term, we offer terms of 1 to 5 years. Additionally, we can schedule payments annually, semi-annually, quarterly, or monthly.
Fair Market Value Leasing
Fair Market Value (“FMV”) leases typically run 2 to 4 years. FMV leases are ideal for schools and districts that expect to return and refresh equipment at the end of the lease period. Devices can be purchased at the end of the lease for the established residual value.
FMV leases have several advantages:
- Because the financing costs are based on the purchase price less the residual value, the overall expense of a FMV lease is less than a traditional finance lease
- FMV leases treat IT purchases as an operating expense, with built-in equipment refresh cycles every 2, 3, or 4 years as desired
- Annual, semi-annual, quarterly, and monthly payment options provide schools with flexible payment schedules and more control over total cost
- It is generally cheaper to not return and pay residuals for broken and unusable equipment than it is to repair or carry an extended service plan
- At current interest rates, FMV leases with annual payment plans are effectively providing 0% financing over 3-year and 4-year terms.